Deadline: June 9, 2022
Applications are invited for the Wyoming Creative Writing Fellowship 2022. Creative Writing Fellowships are awards of merit, based on a writer’s work and honoring Wyoming literary artists whose work reflects serious writing and exceptional.
One scholarship will be awarded in each category of poetry, creative non-fiction, and fiction, for a total of three scholarships. Nominations are reviewed by reputable authors, literary agents, or out-of-state writing professionals. Jurors may award honorable mentions. Recipients of the creative writing grants will share their work at one of Wyoming’s literary conferences.
- You will receive $3,000 in advance.
- You will receive an honorarium/travel stipend, if applicable, to present your work for a reading grant at the literary conference of your choice: Casper College Literary Conference (September 2022), WyoWriters Conference (June 2023 ), the Jackson Hole Writers’ Conference (June 2023), or the Bookmarked Literary Festival (September 2023).
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Must not be a full-time student pursuing an arts-related high school, college or university education.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status (proof of U.S. citizenship, residency status, and state residency may be required).
- May not be affiliated with the Wyoming Arts Council as a board member or staff member, including their families, whether full-time, part-time, or contract.
- Cannot be an employee of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.
- Must have been domiciled within state lines for a total of 20 months in the previous two years.
- Must remain a resident of Wyoming for at least one year after award, living in the state for at least 10 months of the year.
- Applicants must register or update their information in the Wyoming Arts Council’s Directory of Artists and Places.
- Must not have received a creative writing grant in the past four years.
- May receive a total of two fellowships in your lifetime.
- You cannot receive a Blanchan or Doubleday writing award in the same year as this award, but you can enter this competition if you have already been a Blanchan or Doubleday award winner.
- You can only enter the competition once before the deadline.
- You can only enter the competition in one category (Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Fiction).
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Creative Writing Fellowship.